Angol tanóra

Nem Nightwish-témájú topicok gyűjtõhelye

» 2005.10.25. 12:50

Ed, why do you think that?
"Step after step, we try controlling our fate, when we finally start living, it's become too late..."
Dani
Vén róka

» 2005.10.25. 12:35

It's quite amazing how nice english is spoken here by some... I wouldn't have guessed. It's a nice experience, after what I thought of the level of english in Hungary....
Szabad fórumban a szabad userek azt írhatják, amit szabad...
Eddie
Újonc

» 2005.10.25. 12:34

And before You ask it, I prefer russian beers ^^ (Baltika, just to name it ^^)
drow_elf
Újonc

» 2005.10.25. 12:26

Yes it's true. Writing from work is really interesting. Especially, when customers are waiting for me, but I don't care...:D NW forum is much more interesting...

Drow, I hope you drank Guiness, or Kilkenny... ::worried::
"Step after step, we try controlling our fate, when we finally start living, it's become too late..."
Dani
Vén róka

» 2005.10.25. 12:23

A beer is a beer ^^ Oh, no... You know that old joke, don't You? One beer is not a beer. Two beers is half a beer, four beer is a beer. One beer is not a beer, and so on ^^

Actually, after a few hours of listening to Him, I could understand it almost easily what He said ^^ But sometimes it were really a hard time to guess what He meant ^^

Ps.: writing from work is really interesting ^^ Especially, when You've a bunch of drawings to correct, and even more to draw ^^ But me likes it ^^
drow_elf
Újonc

» 2005.10.25. 12:16

So, you said, you didn't understand his introduction. But you understood the invite for a beer...:D Interesting...:D
Dani
Vén róka

» 2005.10.25. 12:09

[quote]Kingfisher írta:
And don't forget that the third form of drink is [b]drunk[/b]. [/idez]

Yepp, me know that, but me always misses tenses ^^ (It's not a mistake, I intended to write it this way ^^)

[idez]So much slang will make us go crazy. But I like it at the moment. Sounds good. :D But for heaven's sake, please think of novice learners of the language! :) [/quote]

Why should I? ^^ It's a good thing if You can understand slang without significant interpretation-speed loss. Me thinks ^^ But You know, ppl think differently ^^

Oh, and about the accent ^^ I've a really nice story about it, You know... I also were in London, when I met with my actual resetters friend... He was somewhere around 50 (as I can see, maybe a little younger, or maybe even older than that), now, He had a terrible accent ^^ We couldn't even understand when He introduced Himself ^^ (all the 3 of us who were there were around intermediate lvl)... At least, He invited us for a beer... it was nice of Him ^^
drow_elf
Újonc

» 2005.10.25. 12:02

[quote]Dani írta:

Yes, this is it it. The accent.[/quote]

Oh, I looove accents! ::excited:: I love listening to people who has scottish accent. For example, Billy Boyd [i]really[/i] has scots accent. :D (Repetition of a word rulez) That's because I watch The Lord of The Rings without hungarian dubbing. :D
"Lehet, hogy az út, amelyet kinek-kinek követnie kell,
már ott húzódik a lába előtt, csak látni nem látja."
Lissuin
Vén róka

» 2005.10.25. 11:55

Yes, this is it it. The accent. Before I went to London, I thought I can speak english well... but when the first busdriver asked me for my ticket with his irish accent, well...:D

My luck was that my friend lived in Australia nearly a year... so he can understand a lot of accent. But the Indian-English was a little bit difficult for him, too...:D

It's interesting. I know my grammar is not the best you've ever seen, but i can speak english fluently. But when I'm writing...:D
Dani
Vén róka

» 2005.10.25. 11:51

[quote]Betuka írta:

Jajanyám... az angolt kiskanállal szeretm fogyasztani, nem ömlesztve... :D [/quote]

Loose English is like loose cheese? :D
Lissuin
Vén róka

» 2005.10.25. 11:49

[quote]Betuka írta:

Jajanyám... az angolt kiskanállal szeretm fogyasztani, nem ömlesztve... :D De majd belejövök, szinten kell tartanom magam... [/quote]
Betu, please, inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale... deeply... and join us! :D ::hug::
Nyikk.
Kingfisher
Vén róka

» 2005.10.25. 11:47

Jajanyám... az angolt kiskanállal szeretm fogyasztani, nem ömlesztve... :D De majd belejövök, szinten kell tartanom magam...
We're a second in time
We're the last in the line
Of the prey that walks the earth
Good and evil combined
Betuka
Vén róka

» 2005.10.25. 11:20

[quote]hollow_heart írta:

Angelwings hozzászólására reagálnék, amikor azt mondta, a finn egy könnyû nyelv.
Az a nagy igazság, hogy [b]nagyon-nagyon[/b] nehéz. Tudniilik én finn szakos (is) vagyok, és elég sok energiát elvesz, ha igazán meg akarod érteni... [/quote]
Olen samaa mieltä. ::happy::
I mean, I agree with hollow_heart. Written Finnish may not be the hardest language, but there is a huge gap between that and the spoken one. This is what makes it really hard. For example, no matter how hard I've been trying to understand what Tuomas says in the latest interview, I just can't separate his words spoken in the Karelian accent, unlike the speech of any other speaker in the interview.
And the ability to learn any language does depend on the individual. Some people are unable to learn any language. Angelwings, do not get hurt by what others have written. You don't seem to know so much of either English or Finnish to really estimate the differences in the level of difficulty.
By the way do you think I should continue the Finnish course? I will have time for that soon.
kulkuri
Gyakorlott

» 2005.10.25. 11:12

[quote]drow_elf írta:

LOL man! Watcha' doin' 'ere? I've gone only for a few days, and what do I see... An english teaching topic... ^^ LOL, this is great!
GL HF all of You, I'll check back in a few days ^^
Oh, and never to mention... I've'nt drank anythin' yet ^^ [/quote]
It's not an English teaching topic. God save us from that! It's rather for practicing your English you've acquired so far. :D
Check back regularly! :D And don't forget that the third form of drink is [b]drunk[/b]. So much slang will make us go crazy. But I like it at the moment. Sounds good. :D But for heaven's sake, please think of novice learners of the language! :)
Nyikk.
Kingfisher
Vén róka

» 2005.10.25. 10:38

LOL man! Watcha' doin' 'ere? I've gone only for a few days, and what do I see... An english teaching topic... ^^ LOL, this is great!
GL HF all of You, I'll check back in a few days ^^
Oh, and never to mention... I've'nt drank anythin' yet ^^
drow_elf
Újonc

» 2005.10.25. 09:57

[quote]Dani írta:

Wow... make mistakes. You're right. D'oh... those months without english...:D [/quote]
Those long months must have been very hard indeed... but now they are over. :)
Nyikk.
Kingfisher
Vén róka

» 2005.10.25. 01:10

Wow... make mistakes. You're right. D'oh... those months without english...:D
Dani
Vén róka

» 2005.10.24. 23:38

[quote]Dani írta:

Hey, wait a sec, Public Enemy is (or was) a great band. Do not hate it!!

Kingfisher: this topic is not a joke. I think this is a very good idea. Here, I can practice my english. And if I do mistakes, a good english teacher maybe can help me out... ::eyelash:: [/quote]
Hey, ok, I thought it was simply a joke. If it isn't to be about explaining grammar points... well, that's ok. To be honest, I'm also in constant search for people with whom I can practice my English and so far I haven't found any in my environs... So... :D

People [b]make mistakes[/b], not do. :)
Nyikk.
Kingfisher
Vén róka

» 2005.10.24. 23:30

Hey, wait a sec, Public Enemy is (or was) a great band. Do not hate it!!

Kingfisher: this topic is not a joke. I think this is a very good idea. Here, I can practice my english. And if I do mistakes, a good english teacher maybe can help me out... ::eyelash::
Dani
Vén róka

» 2005.10.24. 22:53

[quote]Lacás írta:
(Stupid American idioms RULZ ::grin::) [/quote]

grr, idioms, don't mention them!! ::grrr::
Fereste
Haladó

» 2005.10.24. 22:25

[quote]Lissuin írta:

Hey! Wait a minute. It's true that I am the Public Enemy, but I'm still cute, don't you think? ::eyelash:: :D [/quote]

Yep, you're cute, and cool as a cucumber. (Stupid American idioms RULZ ::grin::)
I have a tree inside of me. It's roots deep in the past, and the branches fumbling towards the future.
Lasse
Gyakorlott

» 2005.10.24. 21:50

[quote]szergej írta:

It is the most unambiguous thought in this whole f*cking universe. ::kiss:: :D [/quote]

Gee, I'm blushing. ::blushing:: :D
Lissuin
Vén róka

» 2005.10.24. 21:41

[quote]Lissuin írta:
Hey! Wait a minute. It's true that I am the Public Enemy, but I'm still cute, don't you think? ::eyelash:: :D [/quote]
It is the most unambiguous thought in this whole f*cking universe. ::kiss:: :D
szergej
Gyakorlott

» 2005.10.24. 21:34

[quote]szergej írta:

Yes, I know that, because Kuc told that me, so if you have any contrary opinion, let's hate the Public Enemy! :D[/quote]

::crying::

Hey! Wait a minute. It's true that I am the Public Enemy, but I'm still cute, don't you think? ::eyelash:: :D
Lissuin
Vén róka

» 2005.10.24. 21:31

My name is szergej.
The sun is shining.
The sky is blue.
Always.
Yes, I know that, because Kuc told that me, so if you have any contrary opinion, let's hate the Public Enemy! :D
(But do not overdo it! It's just a simple warning... ::devil:: )
szergej
Gyakorlott

ElőzőKövetkező